how can we expand mindfulness to youth?
Stress impairs the pre-frontal cortex of the brain, the part that gets us ready to learn, remember instructions, plan, problem solve and so much more. We get to work with your school or community group to build mindfulness programming to help staff and student body manage stress and build resilience in a way that will expand their life skills.
An intervention and prevention for suspensions, expulsions, misbehaving and classroom management
INSIGHT FOR TEACHERS, STAFF, & COMMUNITY
40%-50% of teachers leave within 5 years, burn-out is a big factor in that. Aiding teachers in creating in-class Mindfulness and Meditation sequences or breaks in their own classes can alleviate some of the burden on them.
Email: Insight2heal@gmail.com for more details
- Exploring personal relationship to stress and anxiety.
- Awareness of stress related issues.
- Identifying areas of the brain that relate to our response to stress.
- Learning strategies to manage personal stress and anxiety.
- Developing a self-care routine.
- Relaxation techniques for reliving stress.
- What is Mindfulness.
- What is Meditation.
- Exploring the benefits.
- Developing a Mindfulness and Meditation Practice.
- Breathing techniques.
- The importance of personal practice for teaching.
- Becoming familiar with techniques that can cross over to classroom use. I’ll provide you with a teaching guide.
Book a session or get more details at: insight2heal.com
Insight 2 Heal’s youth program enables us to work alongside the classroom teacher. This allows the teacher to then implement tools and techniques from the program into the classroom on a daily basis. It is a 16-wk program with 15 minute sessions using the Mindful Schools Curriculum.
Email: Insight2heal.com for more details.
- Mindfulness -what is it and how can it help us.
- What different parts of the brain do and how this affects our actions.
- Workings of the brain in relation to stress.
- Our bodies and stress. Body scans.
- Tools and strategies for managing.
- Gratitude and Appreciation
- Setting up a practice in the classroom.
“For children, mindfulness can offer relief from whatever difficulties they might be encountering in life,” said , an author who teaches mindfulness to children. “It also gives them the beauty of being in the present moment. (New York Times)”
For mindfulness to work, we have to really try it.
Learn simple techniques by being mindful of sound, breath, movement, thoughts, emotions and other things.
Email: Insight2heal@gmail.com for more details.
What Are Mindfulness Practices?
Mindfulness Is Paying Attention To Our Experiences, Emotions & Body Sensations, In The Present Moment, In A Non-reactive Way. Mindfulness Practices Build These Life Skills Allowing Us To Respond Vs. React.
Why Bring Mindfulness To Youth & How?
I2h Uses The Mindful Schools Curricula To Facilitate 15mins Of ‘insight Time’ As An Intervention To Distractions In The Classroom, And A Prevention For Off-task Behavior, Preserving Valuable Teaching Time.
What Are The Benefits?
When We Develop & Strengthen The Minds Of Our Youth, We Are Increasing Their Ability To Focus, Recognize & Manage Emotions, Make Better Decisions, & Empathize In Relationships.
Improved Classroom Behavior
We Can Alleviate Some Emotional
Distress For Teachers By Easing The Burden Of Classroom Management. In This Way, We Benefit Learning By
Creating Non-disruptive Classrooms.
What Does The Research Say?
We Have Over 30 Years Of Research
With Adults & Mindfulness, We Know It
Works. The Research In Youth Is Promising In Seeing The Same Core Benefits Of:
Improved Behavior, Attention Control, Emotional Regulation And Self-awareness.
What Mindfulness Is Not..
Stopping Your Thoughts/thinking.